Friday, December 10, 2010

I tried (a little)

Since the Knuckle Pine series (FINALLY) turned out so well, I thought I'd go for a P4-esque ONE MORE! and try to get some Panda Moderns videos, one each of On the Ropes and Pit Viper. (Thus the image for this post. Get it? [Spoilers: It's a panda]) Unforchies, these aren't Flash games like the Pine series; They're stand-alone exes, and both of them are too processor-intensive for my piece of shit old PC I've been using to record windows game footage with. (My new computer is a beast that can handle it easily, but I can't make Hypercam record any sound). The resulting videos are de-synched; The On the Ropes one is just plain desynched, but Pit Viper's video is totally destroyed, in a way that I actually find kind of funny. So, sorry, Panda Moderns, no free advertising. Well, unless people are reading this blog post and go click on the links up there. Heh. Anyway, I might be able to use Fraps since these are standalone EXEs (which is the whole reason I was using Hypercam in the first place - Fraps doesn't recognize the Pine exes as games). We'll see; I already used up half a day futzing with these (my cat helped by running in and hitting the one exact button on the keyboard that stops recording in the middle of the first Pit Viper video). Anyway, here's the messed up videos for your enjoyment. On the Ropes isn't too spectacular (in fact I'm not sure why I uploaded it), but take a peek at Pit Viper. Yeeee.

On the Ropes
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KSRJJRH

Pit Viper
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNE7OQP9

** Update **

Fraps doesn't recognize either game to record, so, so much for that idea. Maybe if I put it on my old laptop. Hmm.

No comments: