Saturday, February 5, 2011

RRXX Singles Tournament Wrapup

Final word on the tournament! Sgt. Clements was the victor, defeating Noble Rose, who I have to admit I'm amazed made it to the finals. Sista A came in second winning her loser's bracket match. (There's a lot of upset Candy Cane fans out there, so we'll put that down as unfinished business for now.) In addition to her grand prize of nothing, Sgt. Clements will also be reciving this commission of her victorious over poor old Noble Rose, courtesy of DK Studios (who I highly recommend for all your commissioning needs; tell her RK sent you). Behold:



And that's that! As a final note, it looks like there's some interest in a tag tournament, so I'll probably record that one of these years; Since the entire singles tournament just got posted, it'll probably be a while to avoid overload. There's two one issues I can see: One is that RRXX tag matches are long as fuck, since the computer can keep doing "RESCUE" interrupts forever, and does. Hopefully YT will actually raise my upload limit beyond 15 minutes one of these years.
The second issue is number of teams; Putting each wrestler into a tag team yields five teams. One of them can get a bye into the next round, but that means Round 2 will have three tag teams. Likewise, I can add an extra team comprised of both forms of Lady X, making six teams in Round 1, but that also produces three teams in Round 2. The alternative is cutting a team and starting with four in Round 1 - but I dunno who to cut. I can't cut Benikage without also cutting Anesthesia. Well, no need to sweat it out now. You know what month kicks off with the first video today. Check it out; I'll know if you don't.

3 comments:

Dexie said...

HAH, that's pretty cool. :D

Dexie said...

Easy way to solve the issue. Here are your teams:

Reiko/Noble Rose
Dixie/Aisha
Candy/Spencer
Makoto/Aigle
Anesthesia/Benikage
Lady X/Lady X
Lambda A/Lambda B
Lambda C/Lambda D

OR you can just use the first four and ignore everything after Anesthesia/Benikage, since that team doesn't really make sense anyway. Alternately, you can do the teams like this:

Reiko/Dixie
Candy/Spencer
Evil Rose/Anesthesia
Aigle/Makoto

And drop Aisha and Benikage (Which would probably upset people. XP)

Ryona King said...

Heh, I like the way you think. I'm leaning towards the eight-team bracket; The way you have it set up, the double Lady X team will probably eliminate Ana and Benikage right off the bat, and then chances are they'll bulldoze the surviving Lambda team next round; That's all good, since Benikage sucks, and it would be kind of weird if a Lambda team ended up winning the tournament.

But then I'm thinking, if I want Benikage and the Lambdas all to get eliminated, why not just chop it down to four teams? Plus, that way the tournament won't span three months like the Singles tournament. So, hmm. I guess I'll have to decide that, and then whichever I pick, the brackets are all ready...