Sunday, March 9, 2008

WELL

What a day. It took four tries to finally get the Smackdown vs Raw video done, and I missed hitting Stop by a second, so one of the dumb DID YOU KNOW screens ended up in the video. So I went and tried to paste on an entrance/closing sequence, which will still make the video clock in under 9 minutes. I tried WMM first, which shrank the movie down to like 29 megs and made it look horrible after YouTube encoded it.

So then I thought I'd use some of the helpful video editing tools I have! First up was Blaze Media Pro 7, which seemed to work okay - I saved the video and uploaded it. YouTube thought for a while and rejected it for being too long, and when I looked, it had added about 2:30 to the movie and totally desynched the sound. So, I tried different ways of encoding the video - this was with FFDshow - but there was no way to both get the movie to look any better than before and not totally screw it up and destroy the sound. I finally figured that out after, oh, three hours.

Okay, so next up was Adobe Premier. I'd heard good things about this, so I had high hopes. I imported the first clip, hit play, and.... it played the same four seconds of the movie and over and over and over until I closed the program. I do have to give Adobe high points for letting me know it's totally fucked up and broken right out of the box instead of making me fight with it for a while.

At this point, I thought what the hell, I'll try Jahshaka again. I imported the first MPEG, and......... total lock! Once again, I appricate the up-front nature of this.

So the long story short is, the bad looking video's up on youtube. If there's anyone out there with a gamebridge who knows of a mythical video editing program that can actually handle the MPEGs this things puts out, please let me know. THX

No comments: