Saturday, May 12, 2012

>:/

Well, I hate to keep complaining about this Roxio capture device, but if you've seen last week's match (all 600 of you!!11), you've probably noticed that it's very quiet. Playing the files on my computer, it's easy to miss - at 100% volume the raw divx is loud, and it's fine even at 50% - but when uploaded to YouTube, the audio is so quiet you'll have to have it JAKKED to hear anything at all. (I might just take the video and record some goofy play by play over it; we'll see.) In any case, I've given up on this shitty roxio thing - I think I'm going to go Hauppage off a cliff here - but before I'd noticed this charming habit it has, I'd already used it to record two months' worth of material. And how many of the videos have the sound normal for two seconds and then drop off a cliff? All of them, Katie. Argh.
I could re-record these, but I really like how all these matches turned out. I'll try to fix it in post, but if the audio was recorded really quietly, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. So, that's fun. 
Fuck off, Roxio.

** Update **

Well, I think I fixed the sound, although now the video seems to have even more light bloom. I dunno, see for yourself:

No comments: