Thursday, September 24, 2009

Upcoming shedule & games

So, just a few schedule notes today. First, the Smackdown vs Raw 2009 poll is going to close this Saturday (9/26). Actually, I don't know how to close it, but I'm going to l@@k at the results Saturday, and the top two vote-getters will be put in a No. 1 Contender Match, so get out there and vote if you haven't already.

I've been thinking about 2009 a bit, since 2010 comes out in October. 2009 will keep going thus: Whoever wins the Queen of the Ring gets her title shot, and whoever is the champ after that match will fight whoever wins the No. 1 Contender match decided by the poll. This title match will be the last 2009 match. (sheds a single tear)

2010 I'll have on release day, but it takes a long time to get wrestlers ready, so don't expect 2010 matches right off the bat. Not only that, but I'll be playing around with the storyline creator to see what I want to do with it. Honestly, I'd love to do like a Ryonaking Raw entire show, but I don't think I have the patience or booking skills for that. Well, okay, I don't have the booking skills, and I don't think fans have the patience to sit through a lot of talking before the girls wrestle. Trying to set up a match would probably just end up like this:

(two wrestlers bump into each other backstage)
Wrestler 1: What's that smell?
Wrestler 2: Probably your ass.
Wrestler 1: Oh, yeah? Well, you are a stupid moron with a ugly face and a big butt and your butt smells and you like to kiss your own butt.
Wrestler 2: You cunt!
(they fight)
Losing wrestler: I have been shown who is the BOSS

So I'm probably just going to use the storyline creator for little skits before a match - give the girls some personality, but not really booking a whole show. We'll see how it goes. I'm honestly just overjoyed they apparently lifted the female match restrictions. Steel cage, here I come!

Other than that, I got to thinking - there's really no new games coming out anywhere on the horizon. In fact, the only one that really has any potential at all is EA Sports MMA if they do the smart thing and get Gina Carano in there. Other than that, really nothing. It's sad - games this generation just don't include women anymore. They're not in Fight Night games, they weren't in TNA Impact (and it doesn't look like there will be a 2), they weren't in UFC Undisputed; I got nothing here.
Since there's nothing new, I'm looking back to older games - I've still got some undebuted games like Facebreaker, but I don't know how much milage you can get out of a goofy looking game like Facebreaker, or the PS1 games I have - boxing games from back then at least included women, but god, the graphics are so hideous. I see a lot of Rumble Roses XX videos in my future.
If you've got any suggestions about a game I should cover, feel free to drop me a line. My only disclaimer is I usually don't do Mortal Kombat style stuff where the girl's spines get ripped out - not really my style most of the time, and other people on YouTube seem to have this covered. Yearg!

6 comments:

Dexie said...

Only 2 females in Facebreaker, and the CAW really sucks ass. Skip it.

Y'know, you could have your loyal fans (*coughcough*) write your storylines for SvR 2010 and have you make them, couldn't you? Maybe find a partner to help you out there?

Anonymous said...

Hmm... You could do a kiss montage in the original SvR, I'm sure it will please anybody, wrestling fan or not.

Ryona King said...

Dexter, your warning comes too late, my friend. Already dropped $30 on it. Yearg.
I like your idea about having the fans write the storyline, but I don't know anyone who I could partner with. Hmm... have to think that over.

nivlacretsel, I actually don't own the original SvR (I was really mad when the game came out since that's when they added the gender restrictions). Maybe a Raw 2 "Lip Lock" montage? Huh... wonder if the 360 can emulate that thing right.

Dexie said...

Get your money back! Don't try to play it! It'll steal your soul!

As for the storyline thing, just do a blog post saying "People. Write me stories. Email them to me. Best ones get made into videos." Something like that

Anonymous said...

The restrictions isn't that tight, you can still smash Triple H into as Victoria, Trish, or any other diva in an elimination match or rub Shawn Michaels' face against the cage. I never played Raw 2 so I'm not sure, but in SvR, there's this spanking mini-game you can engage in a B&P match, if you succeed, the player(s) gets rewarded with one diva force kissing the other.

mandatoryusername42 said...

If you can get any kind of good out of "Facebreaker," you're definitely more talented than me. I got four fights into the career mode before it suddenly got Nintendo Hard and started kicking my ass, and I wasn't that impressed with the create-a-fighter mode (although I've been spoiled by the Smackdown games, so my standards are insanely high).

And don't feel bad; I *know* I don't have the patience to book even one complete episode of Raw in SVR2010, let alone enough for a year. At most, I'll probably pick one character and do a bunch of mini-episodes (one or two cutscenes and one match) that focus solely on her.

Oh, and Raw 2 is backward-compatible on the 360, and if you believe Microsoft, it should run bug-free.