Saturday, September 10, 2011

(confetti falls from the rafters as the crowd goes wild)

As you may remember from my last post, YouTube randomly decided that one of the WAS 2 videos I uploaded (specifically Chris Morgan vs Beauty Ichigaya) violated the "community standards". I appealed this, and to my amazement, justice has won out (this following part should all be a blockquote, but the image might mess up the formatting):

Regarding your account: RyonaKing

The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content that may not be suitable for all viewers:

WAS 2 Beauty Ichigaya vs Chris Morgan

As a result, we have age-restricted this content.

For more information on YouTube's Community Guidelines and how they are enforced, please visit the help center http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=92486.

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team



Yeah, I still don't get what the big deal is, but what the hell, I'll take it. Now if I can just get that COMMUNITY STRIKE for my PG-rated backround where you can see an inch of Rowdy Reiko's sideboob to age off my account, I'll be all set. Group hug.

1 comment:

ULTRAQQX said...

That's ridiculous that they didn't even tell you what actually the problem was with the content.

It's weird, seems like it's only sexual themes that bothers them really. Even extreme violence doesn't seem to be as much of an issue for them..

But guess what - some time ago I came across a video about breastfeeding where you could see the woman's NIPPLES as the baby was sucking it. And those don't get flagged, don't get deleted, you know what I mean. This is breastfeeding so all of a sudden it's ok!! It's just such a fucking hypocrisy.

It's like it's ok to show nudity and stuff as long as it's not for pleasure. Makes me wonder what sort of people set those community guideliness.